Tuesday, October 27, 2009

User Testimonial

Here's a good user testimonial sent in by a reader:

Hi. I thought you might like this review/rant for your site. I like my Ab Circle Pro machine alot... but it definitely has its problems. The workout itself is great. In fact it's one of the only forms of home exercise that I actually enjoy doing and look forward to. Way better than jogging on the boring treadmill. But the problem is that it is a pretty fragile, under-built machine. After only a couple of weeks of use it started to wear out quickly, especially the rollers. It kind of blows my mind that what is almost definitely the most important part of the machine and gets the most stress is constructed from such low quality material. My friend is a machinist and engineer and I'm already asking him to construct some replacement rollers for my Ab Circle because I know these ones aren't gonna last much longer. For the 250 bucks I paid for this product I expected it to last longer than 3 months. More like 3 years, at least! The company who makes and markets this product should really think about what they're doing to their reputation and standing in the marketplace. They took the time and made the effort to design a really interesting workout machine that provides a genuinely effective home fitness option. But the low quality of the materials used to make the machine greatly reduce its effectiveness, obviously. If you buy something and it starts to break down within days not only are you not going to get too many benefits out of it, you're also going to feel ripped-off and scammed. In the 2 months of limited use I've gotten out of my Ab Circle Pro I can honestly say that I've lost weight (about 8 pounds to be precise) and have definitely gotten stronger abdominal muscles, not to mention shoulder muscles since it puts so much stress on the shoulder joint! But the problem with the rollers really makes me mad, which is why I'm sending you this review. If I'm able to get some better-constructed rollers and am able to continue using the machine I'll send in another review in a few months. Please let me know if you post this on the site, thanks.

- Jason P.

2 comments:

  1. Had my Ab Circle Pro for just over a week before the rollers broke so havent had the chance to see any real results yet :( But just bought some "red upgraded replacement rollers" from ebay in Australia and so far they seem fantastic! Only had them 4 days but no marks or anything yet and does seem alot smoother and faster then the originals. Apparently this helps to improve the exercise and burn fat quicker, lets hope so!!! Anyone else tried these yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trevor wrote

    I had my machine for about 2 weeks and it started grinding. So I pulled it apart and found that the arms were rubbing against the washer under the head of the bolt (pivot) So I put bigger washers under the pivot heads so that they covered the width of the arms and greased them.I also put a bigger washer on the bottom (nut end) and grease there too.It worked well then.I called them and told them what had happened to it and they tolled me to return it.
    when the next one arrived (2 weeks later)
    I checked it out before I used it.The metal tubing is realy too thin as the nut pressure bends the surface of the tube inward So I replaced all the washers with bigger ones and greased them. Also the plastic bush that the bolts go through is only on one side of the arms
    If there was one on both sides there wouldn't be any problems with wear Since I have done these modificatione I haven't had any trouble.
    They definately need greasing!! The grindings that came off mine was like grafite and that ended up on the carpet.I reccomend you do what I have done it might save you some money and the machine last longer as I don't think that they are made to last very long.Enjoy you swinging I do!

    ReplyDelete